Everyone should have the opportunity to live a good life, free from discrimination.
I will always call out discrimination, bias and bigotry, champion diversity and advocate for the rights of women, LGBTIQ+ people and all members of our community.
In my time as an MP, I’ve:
- Joined LGBTQ+ survivors and advocates in the fight to ban conversion practices in Victoria – and won
- Voted to pass birth certificate reforms, so that individuals can have their birth certificate match their identity
- Called for LGBTIQ+ students and teachers to be protected from discrimination
- Advocated for more culturally appropriate family violence support services and prevention programs for CALD women
- Called for more family-friendly policies in Parliament, to reduce barriers for women and parents to enter politics
The Greens are proud to be the first party in Victoria to have women as both their Leader (myself) and Deputy Leader (Ellen Sandell).
I’ll keep working to end discrimination and build an equal society for all of us.