Our democracy shouldn’t be placed in the hands of greedy gambling giants, fossil fuel companies and property developers with self-serving interests.
It should be protected so that the voices of Victorians are heard.
Since I’ve been elected:
- I’ve called on the Andrews Government to ban donations to politicians from the gambling industry and property developers
- I pushed for rules to cap big donations to political parties, and they passed
- I called for continued parliamentary oversight during the COVID pandemic, so that there would be accountability on government measures
- I fought for the right to protest – a key part of a functioning democracy
- I brought a debate to the Upper House to reform our undemocratic group voting ticket system, so that Victorians can decide where their vote goes, not backroom deals. I was the only MP to vote for reform
I will always fight to keep dirty money out of politics and to make sure that our government is working in the interest of all Victorians, not the wealthy few.
Please join me to protect and restore integrity in our democracy.